An Insiders Mango Mallard Recipe - This Mango Mallard recipe is very simple and doesn't require many ingredients as you can see. If I'm being honest this was a product of renting a house for a month in Florida with a kitchen that left much to be desired. The kitchen basically had no utensils and about 1.5 square feet of counter space. To say I wasn't feeling very creatively motivated was an understatement. Anyways, I had a package of mallard thawed in the fridge that I needed to cook and I needed to grocery shop to boot. I remember looking around thinking "what the hell am I going cook this duck with?" I looked on the counter and saw a lone mango I also needed to use up. I didn't know if it would even be remotely tasty. In transparency I just liked the way "Mango Mallard" rolled of the tongue and come to find out, it was pretty damn good. Hope you enjoy!
Ingredients For The Mango Mallard Recipe:
- 2 puddle duck breasts (1 Bird) skin on.
- 1 mango.
- Salt and pepper.
- Balsamic reduction.
- Oil for cooking.
Directions For The Mango Mallard Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Score the skin on the duck breasts in a checkered pattern, then season both sides with salt & pepper.
- Slice the entire mango thin. Dice about 2 tbsp. worth for garnish (about 1/3" cubes) and set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat and lightly oil.
- Sear duck breasts skin side down for 2 minutes, then flip and sear other. side for another 2 minutes.
- Take the mango slices and mash them with the back side of a spoon, then take enough to cover the duck breasts and place in the over in cast iron pan for 7-8 minutes (or until internal temperature reaches 125).
- Remove from oven and skillet and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with diced mango, drizzle with balsamic reduction and serve.
Hunting Doesn't Just Take Place In The Field.
We Train, Travel, And Work At It.
Whether you’re young or old, a man or a women there’s nothing more exciting than the anticipation of that next hunt. Making sure you’re prepared is a major key in calling the day a total success.
Let an “Insider” at The Outdoor Insiders help you find what you want. Our Insiders have collectively hunted all throughout the globe, in various climates, with different brands, equipment, and supplies.